Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Humbling and Humilating Truth

Not too long ago, like the day before yesterday, I actually had the gall to think I was a tad immortal. Despite a wealth of gray hair, failing eyesight, and a lot of minor aches and pains, I've been thinking I'll be around till the Sun don't shine no more in the morning sky.

Well, that's a croc! I mean, you know, no one lives forever, right? No matter how healthy we try to live our lives, all we are really doing is prolonging what we all know is coming. Every single one of us. Some of us have to learn the hard way and that would be me.

I guess that's part of growing up, realizing you're going to grow up and die not too far down the road, even if it's still (hopefully) a bit to travel.

OK, you're all dying to know what I'm waxing so philosophical about and I'll just have you go  Google ' popliteal bypass' and watch one of the videos.

Enjoy..., I did

All said and done, I might be falling apart like Seth Brundle, but I can still do a mean shot of tequila.

No comments:

Post a Comment